How to Apply
Applications: To ensure full consideration, all materials should be received by September 15, 2021.
Before applying for one of our faculty positions it is important that you have your single combined PDF file ready to upload. The file must be in PDF format and should include the following:
- Cover Letter - please include the following:
- Name and address
- Email address and phone number
- CV - please include the following:
- College attended and degree obtained
- Graduate institution, degree obtained and name of PhD advisor
- Post-doctoral institution and name of mentor (if applicable)
- Honors received
- Research, publications and patents
- Teaching experience
- Statement of current and future research plans
Your statement of current and future research plans should be less than 20 MB. We recommend that the total research plan be 5-10 pages in length including a one page executive summary.
- Statement of teaching philosophy, experience, and teaching recognition and evidence of teaching excellence.
- Diversity statement: The University of Michigan and the Center for RNA BIomedicine value contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion (https://diversity.umich.edu/). We encourage applicants to comment (in a separate statement or in the cover letter) about how their research, teaching, and/or service in the past, present, and/or future could contribute to these values.
You also need to provide the names and email addresses of 3 references. Each reference will receive an email from the search committee giving a url and instructions for submitting their recommendation.
After you submit your application, you will receive a confirming email which will include your ID number. Please use that ID number in correspondence with the Center.
If you wish to submit replacement files, please email them to the webmaster.
***NOTE: Once you initiate the application process you must complete all aspects. The system is NOT designed to let you edit files at a later date or finish an incomplete application. If you need to edit your application or upload a replacement supporting document, please contact the webmaster.
Problems with the website should be directed to the webmaster.